Our Client is looking for a Sales Manager with good knowledge of the Shipping Industry and ideally, have freight forwarding background.
Detailed Role & Responsibilities
- Design, implement and monitor department’s strategy, planning and sales forecasts in line with company targets.
- Provide sales leads to the sales executives. Sales logs and reporting on customer retention received by sales executives. To provide statistics of volumes handled.
- Promote the Company’s services, negotiating rates with principals whilst maximizing revenues by shifting clients between agents and principals.
- Monitor rates being offered to local forwarders, and monitor and follow up with local clients and overseas agents.
- Ensure bookings are monitored, clients updated and the correct services are used depending on the request made.
- Delegate requests, ensuring that they are replied to accordingly whilst the right documentation has been issued.
- Ensure that bookings are placed correctly including any concessions made.
- Assist sales executives with any difficulties they might have.
- Ensure that the department operations and procedures are within the Company quality manual and standards.
- Carry out all other duties in the area of sales & marketing as and when requested by Management.