Our well-respected client is looking to recruit a hardworking, passionate and dedicated Financial Accountant.
- Preparing and reviewing the bookkeeping to ensure accuracy of logs and data
- Payroll – calculations of salaries in accordance with the Maltese Social Insurance and Income Tax Law. Filing of monthly SI and PAYE returns.
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Preparation of management reports by supporting month-end and year-end close process.
- Preparations of various reconciliations and variance analyses.
- VAT and tax compliance work including preparation of VAT and tax returns.
- Liaising with auditors in facilitating audit for the allocated companies.
- Liaising with regulatory institutions and government authorities.
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments.
- Performing various administrative tasks in accordance with the needs of the department.
- Providing input into the department’s goal-setting process.
- Tax Compliance – Corporation Tax: Register legal entities with tax authorities, Prepare tax computations and returns, File returns and pay taxes within the deadlines, Apply for tax refunds
- Tax Compliance – VAT: Register legal entities with VAT authorities
- Relevant certification – CPA/ACCA/FCCA
- Excellent command of English
- Possess very well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be results-oriented and client-focused.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees and in teams.
- Commercial minded