Our client, within the Transport & logistics Sector is looking for C1 Drivers with CPC.
- High levels of Health and Safety standards.
- Numerate and literate.
- Current CPC.
Excellent verbal communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Customers and Co-Workers.
- Diligent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility Desirable Requirements:
- Experience of multi-drop deliveries.
- Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Ensure with Transport Manager and Loader that the load is correct against the customers’ orders.
- Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customer’s property; if in doubt, consult with the customer and/or Transport Manager.
- Check goods off with Customers and obtain signature and print.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Handle customer issues on delivery effectively and contact Transport Manager for assistance if required.
- Carry out multi-drop deliveries in a timely and safe manner.
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law.
- Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits.
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab.
- Ensure accidents are kept to a minimum.
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure.
- Complete vehicle daily inspection sheet and give to Transport Manager.
- Attend essential training in order to carry out the driver role.
- To provide support in the Yard as required by the Transport Manager.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Standards of Performance and Health and Safety Policy. Physical Demands:
- Loading and unloading of goods from vehicles.
- Stacking of goods onto pallets from storage bays.
- Stacking of empty pallets.
- Coupling and uncoupling of trailers
- Opening and closing of vehicle curtains Education and Experience:
- Basic numeracy & literacy. Must have at least two years HGV driving experience, hold a clean driving license and a current driver’s qualification card.
Related Jobs (10)
IMPORT/ EXPORT CLERK on December 21, 2018