We have a new opportunity from one of our clients in Malta.
Job Title: Accountant
The following day to day duties will be expected of the candidate to undertake and perform to the highest level of professionalism. A strong work ethic and determination will be required to effectively support the company’s financial interest and growth.
• Preparing and reviewing the bookkeeping to ensure accuracy of logs and data
• Payroll – calculations of salaries in accordance with the Maltese Social Insurance and Income Tax Law. Filing of monthly SI and PAYE returns.
• Preparation of annual financial statements.
• Preparation of management reports by supporting month-end and year-end close process.
• Preparations of various reconciliations and variance analyses.
• VAT and tax compliance work including preparation of VAT and tax returns.
• Liaising with auditors in facilitating audit for the allocated companies.
• Liaising with regulatory institutions and government authorities.
• Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments.
• Performing various administrative tasks in accordance with the needs of the department.
• Providing input into the department’s goal-setting process.
• Tax Compliance – Corporation Tax: Register legal entities with tax authorities, prepare tax computations and returns, File returns and pay taxes within the deadlines, Apply for tax refunds
• Tax Compliance – VAT: Register legal entities with VAT authorities
• Relevant certification – ACCA/FCCA or working towards the certification
• Knowledge of Sage and Shireburn
• Excellent command of English
• Possess very well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
• Be results-oriented and client-focused.
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees and in teams.
• Commercial minded
All candidates must be residing in Malta and the ability to work in Malta.