Our client is currently looking for an Accounts Assistant within the Healthcare Industry, you will have various accounting responsibilities which support the finance department of the Company.
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, the Accounts Assistant will:
- Process or monitor the processing of financial, accounting and international payroll transactions
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Examine, analyze and reconcile accounting and financial records as well as documents such as bank statements, dividends, budgets, loans, and others.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with tax, government and granting agency guidelines, as well as accounting, reporting and payroll policies and procedures.
- Act as a resource person within the team and resolve ad hoc problems as required.
- Perform various administrative tasks according to the needs of the department.
- Demonstrate that they have the necessary administrative and technical skills
- Possess very well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Be results oriented and client focused
- Be able to provide examples of having worked on their own initiative and in teams in the past
- Be capable of exercising a high degree of delegated responsibility
- Have good organizational and technical skills relevant to the role with the ability to problem solve, pay attention to detail and deliver work to a high standard and to tight deadlines
- Good general level of education
- Preferably one-year office or accounts experience
- Have a high degree of computer literacy, to include competence in the following Microsoft applications; word processing, spreadsheets, databases, file management, e-mail and the internet
- Excellent numeracy skills and basic accounting knowledge.
- Ability to facilitate and support the work of team members.
- Preferred candidates will have a minimum of A-level standard of accounting or similar
It is understood that the above role description may change in accordance with the demands and exigencies of the Company and that all Company Policies are adhered to at all times.